Often, advertising for cosmetic dentistry focuses on women. Photos in magazines and on Web sites show attractive females with gorgeous smiles. Although these campaigns often target women, men can benefit from cosmetic dentistry too.
Professionally and personally, men have just as many reasons as women do to look their best. Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. Having a vibrant, white smile can create a perception of self-assurance, intelligence, and warmth. Men who have cosmetic dental enhancements can enjoy the benefits of looking younger and feeling more confident.
Though you can opt for a total smile makeover, you don’t have to change everything to update your appearance. For a minimal investment, teeth whitening can make you look years younger. If you want to straighten teeth, talk with your dentist about Invisalign clear braces. Porcelain veneers can cover imperfections on front teeth and reveal a gorgeous, new image.
Not only can rejuvenating your smile boost your confidence, but it can also improve your oral health. Crooked teeth are actually harder to clean, which can lead to gum disease or decay. As well, small cavities can lead to the need for crowns or root canals if left untreated.
To enhance your smile, first find a cosmetic dentist you can trust. Talk with friends, relatives, and colleagues to get recommendations. Once you find the right person, schedule a consultation so that you can meet with the doctor and share your ideas. Why wait any longer to enjoy a sensational smile?
We treat patients from Ottawa and the surrounding area
A set of crooked teeth can make you self-conscious in interacting with others and may cause you to hide your smile instead of showing your emotions with confidence. There are many reasons that you might have misshapen or misaligned teeth. Decay, cavities, poor development or nutrition, hereditary factors, or bad habits like teeth grinding or tongue thrusting can all play a role. If you have a crooked smile for any reason, a smile makeover may be the perfect answer.
A dentist can provide many options for correcting misaligned teeth, and the best methods depend on the degree of your issues. Every patient is different and can benefit from varying techniques.
The most well-known way to correct crooked teeth is probably orthodontics. Traditional metal braces have been around for many years and are a proven way to straighten teeth and realign jaws. Braces involve attaching metal brackets and wires to the teeth with glue, and tightening them at regular intervals over a period of time that can last up to a couple of years or more. Because many patients dislike the look and hassles of metal braces, Invisalign has been developed to straighten teeth without such an obvious impact to your appearance while undergoing treatment. These invisible, removable, plastic aligners provide a popular way to straighten smiles.
Another choice for improving your smile is dental veneers. These very thin shells made of porcelain or ceramic can be bonded to the fronts of your teeth to hide flaws underneath. Veneers create a natural look that is in the shade you desire, and quickly transform your smile into the one you’ve always wanted.
Minor changes to crooked teeth can be made with simple reshaping of teeth. Gentle abrasion and polishing of the teeth can make them appear straighter and more attractive. Reshaping may be combined with bonding, which involves applying resin to the tooth and sculpting it to the desired look. These are both very quick and painless ways to improve your smile.
If you live in the Ottawa area contact us today
Straight, white smiles are in high demand, and choosing who is going to perform your smile makeover is not a decision to be taken lightly. The American Dental Association does not include cosmetic dentistry as one of the eight specialties, meaning there are no legal restrictions against any dentist calling themselves a “cosmetic dentist.” Therefore, it is vital to the success of your treatment to do research and find the best cosmetic dentist to perform your smile makeover. When searching for a qualified cosmetic dentist, consider the following:
- Ask your potential dentist about their cosmetic studies. Beyond dental school, a trained cosmetic dentist should have taken postgraduate courses and training in the particular types of procedures you are seeking.
- Find out what organizations they belong to that focus solely on cosmetic dentistry. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry is the most notable, and offers an accreditation program that includes extensive continuing education and rigorous testing to ensure outstanding skills. Dentists who complete this accreditation are considered to be the very best in their field.
- Ask to see “before and after” photos of patients they have treated for smile makeovers. It is important you like the style and quality of the work shown in the photos before moving forward with your chosen cosmetic dentist.
- Inquire about testimonials and reviews from patients who have been treated for cosmetic problems similar to yours. An internet search can also yield information and reviews from previous patients about the cosmetic dentist you are considering.
- Find out how long the cosmetic dentist has been practicing and which cosmetic dental procedures they most commonly perform.
- Ask about the technology in their office. Current dental technology is one way to determine the level of advanced care in a cosmetic dentistry practice.
- Is the dentist and office staff friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable?
Be sure you feel comfortable and confident with your choice of a cosmetic dentist before proceeding with a smile makeover. Making the best choice can mean enjoying years of a beautiful, bright smile.
Our dental office is located in Ottawa
Not all dental procedures are extensive and invasive. Cosmetic dentistry offers many treatments to improve your smile that are relatively simple and require little time in the dental chair. If you have good overall oral health but are unhappy with your smile, you may want to consider some of these options for quick improvement.
Teeth whitening is one of the easiest and most popular cosmetic dental treatments for instantly improving the quality of your smile. Every day we expose our teeth to damaging and dulling foods and beverages that result in a dingy smile. Professional teeth whitening can whiten your teeth as much as ten shades in as little as one office visit, leaving you with a healthier and younger looking smile.
Dental bonding is an excellent way to repair small imperfections on teeth quickly, such as a discolored, chipped, or oddly shaped teeth. Bonding is essentially a simplified version of a veneer or a crown using tooth-colored resin to bond to the tooth and repair the problem. Bonding can usually be completed in a single visit to your dentist.
Many dentists are now offering snap-on teeth. A Snap-On Smile is a removable appliance that covers your natural teeth. The appliance uses your natural teeth to stay in place and does not require any additional adhesive to hold in place. A Snap-On Smile can be removed during sleep and for cleaning, but otherwise stays in your mouth for all of your usual activities. Patients with special needs, such as fear of the dentist or medical conditions which preclude extensive dental procedures, may also benefit from the use of snap-on teeth.
For more information about how to quickly and easily improve the look of your smile, schedule a consultation with cosmetic dentist Dr. Dzajkovski. It is easier than you may think to get that beautiful smile in no time!
We look forward to seeing you in our Ottawa dental office
Today’s cosmetic dentistry offers an extensive array of treatments and procedures to help restore a beautiful and healthy smile. While you may never have considered cosmetic dental procedures as a solution to your dental concerns, there are quite a few reasons you may want to consider for seeking cosmetic dental treatment:
- Crooked, cracked or decayed teeth can be corrected through bonding, crowns, and veneers, returning your smile to its once vibrant and healthy appearance.
- Decay and disease can cause you to lose teeth, creating gaps that hollow your face and age your appearance. Cosmetic dentistry offers a wide variety of options such as dental implants for restoring missing teeth, keeping your smile and face younger looking.
- Teeth that have yellowed or discolored over time due to wine, tobacco or staining foods can be lightened up to ten shades with professional teeth whitening treatments performed by a qualified cosmetic dentist.
- “Horsey” looking teeth or “gummy” smiles can be corrected through gum re-contouring or restructuring to create a younger, more appealing smile.
- Misaligned or gapped teeth can be straightened through orthodontia such as Invisalign that is virtually invisible and pain and hassle-free.
Some cosmetic treatments may be offered by your family dentist, but you may want to consider a consultation with a qualified cosmetic dentist to find out more about the full array of treatments available to address your cosmetic dental concerns. Many procedures are quick and painless, and can be combined with other cosmetic treatments to achieve the results you desire. With the help of cosmetic dentistry and proper oral care, you can be assured a confident, more perfect smile.
If you live in the Ottawa area contact us today
Although your oral health is of utmost importance, it’s not the only thing to consider about your smile. There is a specialized field of dentistry that focuses on giving you the most appealing smile possible for you. Cosmetic dentistry can turn a crooked, discolored, or otherwise unattractive smile into one that you will want to show off.
A relatively new area of dentistry, cosmetic dentists are becoming more and more popular. The goal is to transform your smile into a beautiful one that will last for a lifetime. It is usually not difficult to find a cosmetic dentist by asking friends and family, researching on the internet, or asking your general dentist for suggestions for this type of specialist.
Most cosmetic dentists use the most modern technologies in their offices to provide the most advanced treatment options. Some of the most popular procedures that you can expect a cosmetic dentist to perform include:
- Teeth whitening – brightening the color of your teeth and minimizing stains
- Veneers – attaching porcelain shells to the fronts of your teeth to hide imperfections
- Implants and crowns – restoring missing teeth to improve mouth appearance and function
- Bonding – using composite resin material to repair chips and fill gaps
- Contouring – reshaping the tooth to create a more appealing look
- Braces – straightening your teeth and correcting jaw misalignment
In additional to improving smiles, you can usually expect a comfortable experience at your cosmetic dentist. A number of the common procedures are not painful, but those that do cause discomfort may be aided with sedation techniques. Sedation dentistry is also an option to relax patients who experience anxiety or fear about visiting the dentist. If you are unhappy with your smile, schedule an appointment with a cosmetic dentist to learn about ways to change your look.
Schedule a consultation today to learn more our Cosmetic Dentistry options at our Ottawa dental office.