Dear Permasmile patients,
Life has been anything but normal this spring and we sincerely hope you and your family are in good health. We are happy to inform you that we are now able to once again provide dental care for you [and your family]. The Ministry of Health has lifted the restrictions placed back in March. While many things have changed since then, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety. Our office will re-open on Monday June 15. You can contact our office starting Monday June 8 to schedule all appointments or if you have questions.
Our office has always followed strict infection control standards and in order to keep us all protected during this pandemic and in the future, we have updated our protocols. When we see you at your next appointment, things will be a little different.
- We will ask some screening questions before your appointment and you’ll be asked those same questions again when you’re in the office.
- Please review the questions below and if the response is YES to any of them PLEASE NOTIFY OUR STAFF IMMEDIATELY.
- You may be asked to wait outside our office or in your car and call us when you arrive and then wait for a call back to let you know when you can enter the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the clinic. There are more dispensers around the office for you to use as needed. We will measure your temperature upon arrival.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, coffee or other shared items since those items are difficult to fully disinfect.
- Appointments will be spaced out to allow for physical distancing between patients. That might mean less flexibility for scheduling your appointment, but it will also reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- You may be surprised that we’re wearing more protective gear – such as masks, face shields, gowns – than we normally do during your visit.
- We will also ask you to wear your own mask at all times while in the office. If you arrive without mask we will gladly provide one for you.
Rest assured, all these procedures are designed to create the safest environment for you, other patients and our team.
We look forward to seeing you again. If you have any questions, please let us know. To make an appointment, please call or email us.
Thank you for patience and loyalty throughout this ordeal. We value your trust and look forward to welcoming you back!
The Team at Permasmile Dentistry.
IF YOUR RESPONSE TO ANY OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW IS YES PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY:
- Did you have close contact with anyone with acute respiratory Illness or travelled outside of Ontario in the past 14 days?
- Do you have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms:
- New onset of cough
- Worsening chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Decrease of loss of sense of smell
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- Runny nose/nasal congestion without other known cause
- If you are 70 years of age or older, are you are experiencing any of the following symptoms: delirium; unexplained or increased number of falls; acute functional decline; or worsening of chronic conditions?