Soft Tissue Laser
We are excited to now offer the Picasso dental laser in our practice, The Picasso laser is a surgical device at the cutting edge of technology, designed for a wide variety of oral soft tissue procedures. Picasso uses a solid state diode as a laser energy source. The energy is delivered to the operating area by means of a delivery system consisting of a flexible fiber connecting the laser source and the handpiece.
Advantages of the soft-tissue laser are:
- Precise removal of tissue.
- Quicker and more comfortable healing.
Additional treatment, the laser can be used for:
- Prevention and accelerated healing of canker sores.
- Prevention and accelerated healing of cold sores (ie. herpetic lesions).
- Reducing tooth sensitivity.
- Laser gum recontouring around teeth and dental implants
- Frenectomies (removal or recontouring of muscle attachments that pull on the gums, leading to gum recession)
- Incision and drainage of dental infections (abscesses);
- Tooth whitening.